Contract Packing During the Christmas Rush
with Bray Solutions
September is upon us and with Christmas just around the corner, our contract packing team are busy packing Christmas packs for our customers. The Christmas rush starts around the end of August/ beginning of September continuing all the way through to December.
What is Contract Packing?
Contract Packing is the operation of packing items for redistribution also referred to as co-packing. Manufacturers sometimes produce items in bulk that they wish to have repackaged in a retail friendly manner, or in some cases in suitable packaging or quantities for the end customers.
This enables the product to be suitable for retail or wholesale purposes, helping customers expand their production capabilities – especially important during the Christmas season.
What packaging services do we provide at Bray Solutions?
Due to the different packing options we have here at Bray, we are able to pack a whole range of different items to cater to our customers diverse needs. Every year brings something different and the diverse items keep our team busy and experienced in the different packing options we offer. These include:
- Small Light Assembly – Assembling items to your specific specification.
- Product Rework – Rectifying any issues with your products.
- Kimballing – We have the facilities for re-tagging and labelling products.
- Labelling – Adding barcodes and relabelling your items when required.
- Bagging – We have an Auto bag machine that churns away all day bagging and sealing small components.
- Banding – A specific machine to cater for all banding requirements.
- Shrink Wrapping – Providing a tamper proof and retail friendly finish to your products.
- Batch Coding– Printing codes on products for traceability and product descriptions.
- Logistics – Once your products are complete, we can distribute them to their destination.
If you require bespoke contract packaging services for this Christmas season email us on firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01780 784875.
The Importance of Returns Management What is returns management? Returns management is an important process in day-to-day fulfilment operations. It involves correctly and efficiently processing returns which in turn benefits both the business and the customer....
Case Study - Banding millions of bags for a major supermarket In this blog, we look back at how we carried out another monumental contract packing task for one of our customers. The assignment put forward was to band just under 5 million bags together in...
Delivery Duty Paid (DDP) vs Delivery Duty Unpaid (DDU) Since Brexit, shipping goods outside of the UK has become increasingly difficult. There are many internal checks and fees included in transporting the goods to your customers. Two main fees that must be...
The Importance of Inventory Management Inventory management is a crucial part of your business’s success. Efficiently managing your stock will decrease the time it takes for orders to be fulfilled and will increase accuracy. Your inventory may be manageable in...
Case Study – Relabelling over 8 million packs of seeds & nuts Early November in 2022, we had a client contact Bray Solutions with a huge rework task that they needed to carry out and complete within a 3-month window. The task was to relabel over 8 million...