STATISTICS FOR 2021
If 2019 was quite the year for Bray Solutions, then 2020 was a major year, and 2021 is looking to be a whopper year. And in more ways than just the pandemic, which hit and changed our industry almost overnight.
Inside our business, we had goals for the things we wanted to achieve, from increasing staff to gaining new accreditations and one of the biggest, achieving our capacity goals. So we’re delighted to announce celebrations all around on these goals.
As we’ve highlighted before, our success is intertwined with the success of our customers, so before we go into detail about our wins last year and some goals for the future, let’s take a quick look at 2020/2021 statistically.
What do the statistics for 2021 say?
2020 was a year like no other, so it’s not surprising to see in research carried out by Deloitte that while “vaccine rollout is gaining momentum, it’s taking a while for any in-person services to pick up”. As expected, this slow return to what was has supported the considerable growth in ecommerce sales has meant ecommerce continued to grow this year.
“Ecommerce sales are expected to reach £185.22 billion ($237.52 billion), with the split of sales being 37.5% for ecommerce and 62.5% in brick and mortar”. (emarketer).
Moving into the future, we might see a slight decline as the confidence to venture back into the world grows, but this should pick up again by 2023, where the numbers will be well in excess of anything pre-pandemic, at £143.51 billion according to eMarketer’s prediction. In fact, by 2025, ecommerce will be 38.6% of total retail sales.
So what does this mean for Bray Solutions in 2021?
Bray Statistics for 2020:
- We expanded our warehouse capacity space by a further 50%
- Increased the pallet quantity in our warehouses to around 3000 pallets to accommodate the uptake in orders
- Permanent staffing numbers were increased by 30%
- Still boasting a 99.8% pick accuracy (2021)
- Renewed our ISO9001 audit in 2021
- Gained our BRC Certification, as well as our Organic Certification
- Our Contract packaging was expanded, and we took on additional business
Our 2022 predictions for Bray Solutions
- We are predicting a further 50% increase in storage capacity for 2022
- Increasing pallet quantity by an additional 4500
- Still boasting a 99.8% pick accuracy
- Working towards gaining ISO27001 and Bonded/Customs Warehousing
Job Description Warehouse Operative – Reports to Warehouse Supervisor – Our Warehouse Operatives must have a passion for a job well done. As a warehouse operative you could work in any of our units, the main being pick, pack and despatch. The role involves a wide...
After facing world-changing events such as Brexit and the COVID-19 pandemic, it would be fair to say the supply chain was already struggling Still, recent events in Russia and Ukraine have only exaggerated these issues further. Some are more drastic with potential...
Our client specialises in carefully selected wild animal foods that offer significant benefits to wildlife. This can range from nuts and seeds to duck and swan pellets and fish food. Our client has 28 years of experience working in his field and is driven by his...