Warehouse Operative – Reports to Warehouse Supervisor
Warehouse Operative – Reports to Warehouse Supervisor –
Our Warehouse Operatives must have a passion for a job well done. As a warehouse operative you could work in any of our units, the main being pick, pack and despatch. The role involves a wide range of warehouse activities including replenishing stock ready for picking, picking products, transporting pallets, loading trailer, driving a forklift once trained.
Main roles and responsibilities –
- General warehousing duties
- Loading and unloading parcels
- Moving and sorting packages in a busy warehouse environment
- There will be heavy lifting involved
- Work safely and accurately at speed
- Following instructions
- You must be able to organise your own transport to and from the site
- Use an order picker
- Use a forklift once trained
- Use the counterbalance once trained
- Assists with counting journals and customer stock takes when required
- Maintains safe and clean work environment by keeping shelves, pallet area and workstations neat.; Sweep, dust, and mop.
- Always wears the appropriate PPE
- Work evenings and weekend when requested
Internal Contacts –
This position interacts on a regular basis with all levels and departments within the Company
External Contacts –
You may be asked to communicate with our clients.
Essential Skills –
- Strong Work Ethic
- Attention to detail
- Able to work to a fast pace
- Able to use a scanner
- Good Communication
Decision-Making Authority –
Makes decisions based on company policies and procedures. Discusses and refers unresolved issues with the Warehouse Supervisor.
After facing world-changing events such as Brexit and the COVID-19 pandemic, it would be fair to say the supply chain was already struggling Still, recent events in Russia and Ukraine have only exaggerated these issues further. Some are more drastic with potential...
Our client specialises in carefully selected wild animal foods that offer significant benefits to wildlife. This can range from nuts and seeds to duck and swan pellets and fish food. Our client has 28 years of experience working in his field and is driven by his...
At Bray Solutions, we have seen first-hand the effects of warehousing storage shortages. With the increase of the public shopping online throughout the pandemic came the need for increased stock levels being ordered and stored. There is currently a delay in the...
What Counts as a Perishable item? A perishable item is one that due to its composition is likely to spoil or expire quickly, and cannot last for long periods of time. They are also more likely to suffer adversely due to temperature, pressure or humidity changes....
Our Christmas 2021 Round-Up 2021 has been one of the busiest years in Bray Solutions history. We have seen a large increase of orders continued by the first lockdown as more and more people are now buying items online. Along with facing the challenge of the large...